Would you like to be doing Test Driven Development but not sure how to begin?
In this half day workshop, experienced software developer, and TDD practitioner, Damian Maclennan, will teach you some of the techniques, tools, and patterns to help you write better tests and better software.
We will cover:
- Unit testing basics and how to get started with Test Driven Development
- Patterns for writing more maintainable test code
- How your tests can help you work towards better design
- How tools such as mocking frameworks help you write test code that is more maintainable and readable
- An open Q&A session where we an address some specific problems you might be having adopting TDD in your codebase and team
Set in the event space at Fishburners Brisbane in the CBD, we’ll go from 9am until 1pm with a break for morning tea and coffee (provided).
If you’d like to follow along with the code, bring your laptop with you. We’ll be working with VS Code and .NET Core, a starter repo will be sent out in advance. If you’d like to implement the same patterns in your chosen language, or just watch and listen, that’s fine too.
Brisbane 20th May 2019 Sign up now
If you can’t make this date, but would like to come along to a future event, sign up below and I’ll let you know.